Headquartered in Ireland, H&MV Engineering is a Specialist High Voltage Engineering Company established in 1997. Since its inception, H&MV has proudly grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia and South Africa. Due to recent expansion at H&MV Engineering an opportunity now exists for a Training and Development Assistant to join our professional team at our Limerick HQ.
Reporting to the Training Manager, the Training & Development Assistant will provide general administrative support to the Training Department. He/she will be responsible for maintaining the Training system/database for internal and external training. The role will also include general administrative tasks such as typing, filing, photocopying, support for the H&MV Training Academies and their specialist trainers along with specific projects assigned by the Training Manager. Holiday Reception Cover will also be included in the Training & Development Assistant’s duties.
- Identifying expiring training records both basic and skills, booking courses and liaising with scheduling department
- Assist in support for GWO and City & Guilds compliance standards
- C&G Admin responsibilities including confirming grading, filing, issuing certificates, updating walled garden systems
- GWO paperwork including training assessments, updating internal registers and updating WINDA platform
- Booking and quoting of all external training including C&G
- Assist in the maintenance of the CPD accredited employer status
- Data storage and protection of all employee training records in line with GDPR
- Support the Graduate Development Programme employees. Ensure the programmes are being implemented as per the design and finance intent, tracking progress of each candidate and ensure they are getting the correct exposure and technical support.
- Liaise with Apprentices. Ensure the Apprentice training programmes are being implemented as per the Operations manager’s intent, tracking progress of each apprentice and ensure they are getting the correct support and exposure to all department
- SOLAS apprentice scheduling
- Maintaining Apprentice Development tracker with off the job training and results
- Maintain the schedule for the training academies to include internal training
- Liaison with relevant skills nets and external stakeholder bodies
- Preparing weekly and periodic reports and statistics
- Maintaining the company library of training policies and procedures taking into consideration all pertinent changes as dictated by legislative changes, technological change or other mitigating factors
- File management, photocopying and general administration
- Reception cover for holiday and break periods
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by Training Manager or HR Manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Good responsiveness
- Dependable team player
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Tact and diplomacy, with an ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality Resilient with a high level of attention to detail
- Persuasiveness / Resistance to internal and external pressure
- Self motivated / Able to work on their own initiative
- Enthusiastic, flexible approach with a willingness to learn
- Strong administration skills and IT literate, i.e. database management, record keeping with a working knowledge of MS Office suite being a must and SHAREPOINT being beneficial
- Graduate with a third level qualification in HR accredited by CIPD or working towards a qualification in HR desirable
Other Features of the Job
It may be necessary to work alternative hours and some travel may be required occasionally during the year.
The assistance of recruitment agencies is not required at this time.
H&MV Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.
Interested candidates should email their CVs to email@example.com