Due to continued expansion, H&MV Engineering has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Project Manager to join our Operations Team. Since its inception, H&MV has proudly grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia and South Africa. The successful candidate will have ownership of the Mechanical project programme overseeing design, construction, and commissioning on-site while ensuring milestones are achieved.
Reporting to Project Director
- Reviews contract programmes to ensure that it reflects the requirements of the contract and identify the contract scope of works
- Review Design Documents ensuring they meet client specification
- Responsible for Procurement Schedule, conception, review, and implementation of the schedule
- Ensure adequate competent resources are available throughout the project
- Plan and manage site work and project team efficiently to meet project requirement and deadlines
- Liaise with the Commercial team to ensure contracts, purchase orders, & payment certificates are issued in accordance with company policies
- Liaise and develop a trusting relationship with the client to ensure future project opportunities
- Attend client meetings and provide regular updates
- Liaise with contractors, consultants, and others involved in largescale industrial energy efficiency projects
- Weekly Progress meetings with Site Manager and Project Team
- Monthly update review meetings with the Project QS, Site Manager, Operations Manager, Safety Manager, Project Engineer, Project Director and Civil Operations Manager where necessary
- Collaborate with the EHS Team on the management and coordination of all health and safety matters on site
- Ensure adherence to quality standards
- Resolve technical difficulties or problems as they arise
- 8+ Years within the Mechanical Contracting Industry
- Detailed Mechanical engineering knowledge
- Proven track record of managing mechanical sub-contractors and specialist vendors
- Data Centre experience is desirable
- Previous track record of delivering projects with challenging timelines
- Knowledge and experience of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- People management skills
- IT Literacy
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a methodical nature are key attributes
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated
Limerick, Cork or Dublin Office.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to contact us with any queries you might have. You can be assured of the highest levels of confidentiality.