Netherlands Data Centre
Construction of a new purpose-built Data Centre and as part of the build-phase, a new Substation to supply the electrical demands. H&MV engineering integrated the client’s requirements with Tennet’s functional requirements and ensured confidentiality and speed of connection.
150 kV / 21 kV
- Design, Procure, Construct, Test and Commission a fully functional 150 kV / 21 kV substation inclusive of 150 kV underground power cabling
- Project management and commissioning of a new 150 /21 kV substation
- Design of the new substation to BSRIA/CIBSE design guidelines and standards
- Substation of 150/21 kV rated voltages, consisted of two 70 MVA power transformers each supplied from an existing Tennet Substation via a 150 kV power cable
- Each power transformer supplies two main medium voltage switchgear pannels, each distributing the power to the building MV switchboards, which in turn supplies 21 kV power to packaged substations supporting critical Data Centre loads along with non-essential lighting and power loads.
- The substation included step down power transformer(s) and associated high, medium, and low voltage equipment as needed to serve the Data Centre electrical loads.
- Adherence to all the client’s procedures and protocols regarding security and confidentiality
- Liaison with the client, client owner’s engineer, relevant Dutch authorities and Tennet
- Responsible for earthing studies and earthing designs, and main and check metering
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) of all HV equipment
- Produce a complete set of civil and electrical as-built drawings and Safety Handover file
- Responsible for issuing the Integrated Test Plans (ITPs), Construction Management Plans, Quality Plans, Safety Management Plan and Temporary Works Register
- Daily toolbox talks, weekly progress and safety meetings, issue and risk management along with monthly status reporting