Reporting to the HSE Manager this person’s primary objective will be to provide Environment, Health and Safety advice to Management & colleagues. He/she will assist with Health & Safety safe operating procedures, Update company procedures in line with current legislation and asses’ implications for the company
- Administering procedures (including method statements, risk assessments and safety-related protocols) to ensure compliance with local Health and Safety legislative requirements.
- Carry out site safety Inductions for new personnel coming to site.
- Attend site meetings and contribute to site safety discussions.
- Conducting site safety walk, site audits and reviewing risk assessments and ensure measures to control risks are implemented and monitored.
- Provide health and safety advice and support on the site project and assist the project team in achieving project goals.
- Ensuring contractor safety management arrangements are established and implemented.
- Perform internal and external HSE audits (In line with ISO 45001:2018 ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management ISO 09001:2015 Quality Management OSHAS 18001 standard).
- Promote environmental awareness to employees, subcontractors and all persons in the site vicinity and stress to all employees and visitors the importance senior management places on safe work practices and environmental protection.
- Ensuring environmental and quality requirements are met.
- Investigation and formal recording and reporting of accidents or incidents on site.
- Developing and delivering toolbox talks and training to staff in core safety subjects on site.
- Producing professional weekly and monthly reports to management as required relating to matters of health and safety matters on site.
- Monitoring project Health and Safety Procedure statistics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and performance in relation to the objectives and targets.
- Understanding of ISO Management Procedures & Implementation.
- Degree or Diploma in Health and Safety
- 5+ years’ HSE experience within the construction industry or mechanical/electrical industrial engineering industry.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good responsiveness
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Persuasiveness / Resistance to internal and external pressure
- Self-motivated / Able to work on own initiative
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Excellent computer literacy – proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Limerick, Cork or Dublin Office.
This is an opportunity to join a professional team with an excellent reputation. H&MV Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to contact us with any queries you might have. You can be assured of the highest levels of confidentiality.