Due to continued expansion, H&MV Engineering has an opportunity for an experienced Civil Design Manager to join our Team. Since its inception, H&MV has proudly grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia and South Africa. The successful candidate will have overall ownership of Civil & Structural Engineering on the Company’s HV Infrastructure Projects. He/she will report directly to Design Engineering Manager
- Overall responsibility for the Civil & Structural Engineering requirements of projects, ensuring resources are assigned and the project runs efficiently.
- Overall management of the civil/structural design team
- Management of Civil & Structural designs by consultants in tandem with the in-house civil and electrical design team
- Ensuring civil design elements for projects are in line with current regulations and design standards
- Assign and coordinate work to Civil Engineers and ensure work provided is on track for completion in line with project milestones.
- Production and review of Civil & Structural drawings and calculations as necessary
- Project Engineering; liaising with project managers regarding costing, planning and delivery of Civil & Structural Engineering
- Client interfacing
- Assistance with procurement specifications
- Assistance with Tendering
- Ensure compliance with Quality controls and procedures
- Ensure all engineering deliverables are undertaken in accordance with the company’s health & safety policies & procedures
- Travel from time to time to meet clients on sites throughout Europe
- Experience with utility design submissions and responding to design logs
- Mentoring graduate engineers and ensuring their CPD is kept up to date
- 3-5 years experience with Utility/Contractor/Consultant in a design role or design management role
- Civils design management experience is desirable
- Exposure to HV power stations and substations is highly desirable
- International exposure desirable
- People management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Strong commercial acumen
- Team player who demonstrates a high level of initiative
- High level of computer literacy with working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit. BIM familiarity is also advantageous.
Limerick, Cork or Dublin Office.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or feel free to contact us with any queries you might have. You can be assured of the highest levels of confidentiality.