H&MV Engineering regards its workforce as the company’s greatest asset. Our ongoing commitment and dedication to a positive safety culture has ensured that we maintain our Zero Reportable Accident Record.
This year our EHS Department has designed a Safety Campaign that is very much people-focused. The goal of this year’s campaign is to ensure that each and every staff member goes home safely every day. The campaign includes safety related activities and fun learning opportunities with the objective of reinforcing ‘safe’ behaviour throughout the H&MV workplace.
Over the next 12 weeks, a fresh topic will be selected each week, and to launch our campaign we will begin with:
Driving For Work
Employees and sub-contractors (on site) will carry out a quick 10-15 minute health check on each other’s cars.
To coincide with the campaign, the following safety initiatives will be implemented or take place site-wide:
- An increase in the number of audits (planned and unannounced)
- Increase in weekend audits by EHS Personnel
- Higher concentration on Take 5’s – EHS to attend site in morning and go through the Take 5 in detail (Take 5 Workshop)
- Increase of safety presence on site
- Increase in the number of Toolbox Talks carried out on sites. Weekly toolbox talks to be issued from Safety Alerts.
- Increase in the number of alerts & bulletins from Safety Alerts to all employees.
- Safety Equipment Audits