Due to continued expansion, H&MV Engineering has an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor. Since its inception, H&MV has proudly grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia and South Africa.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the team, to minimise the costs of the project and enhance value for money whilst ensuring that the project meets all legal and quality assurance requirements and regulations.
- Prepare cost analysis based on the construction drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Ensure materials are suitable for the environment
- Negotiate costs with sub-contractors
- Monitor progress/track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Advise on legal issues and represent clients in any disputes
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Liaise with the clients and other construction professionals such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Conduct site visits to mark-up changes and negotiate variations
- Development monitoring & feasibility studies
- Contract Administration
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the business & projects
- Project and Development Life Cycle Costing
- Technical, Contractual and Cost Due Diligence studies
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role
- Experience within the construction industry desirable
- Electrical experience will be a distinct advantage
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good responsiveness
- Team player
- Persuasiveness / Resistance to internal and external pressure
- Self motivated / Able to work on their own initiative
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Excellent computer skills – proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
This is an opportunity to join an experienced and professional team.
The assistance of recruitment agencies is not required at this time.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .