• Prepare cost analysis based on the construction drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved
• Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with engineers and subcontractors.
• Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
• Ensuring materials are suitable for the environment
• Negotiating costs with sub-contractors
• Monitoring progress/track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
• Advising on legal issues and representing clients in any disputes
• Select and/or source construction materials
• Liaise with the client and other construction professionals such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
• Visiting site to mark-up changes and negotiate variations
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Relevant 3rd Level Qualification in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
• Experienced in Project Estimating, Project Cost control / Quantity Surveying.
• Good communication skills
• Highly competent in communicating with clients, attending meetings, and negotiating contract agreements both pre and post-project completion.
• Experience in monitoring project cashflow and forecasts.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing division with an already highly successful and thriving team. To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.