Quality Manager, Limerick HQ
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Headquartered in Limerick, Southern Ireland, H&MV Engineering is a Specialist High Voltage Engineering Company established in 1997. Since its inception, H&MV has proudly grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia and South Africa. H&MV is currently working on high voltage projects in the utility sector and is also engaged in high voltage projects in Renewables, Data Centres, Manufacturing and Pharmaceuticals in the private sector worldwide.
We currently have an opportunity for a Quality Manager at Limerick HQ on a contract basis.
The job holder will be responsible for general oversight and management of the Integrated Management System(s), coordination of Quality Compliance activities across the company and will lead on ensuring certification and re-certification on all H&MV Engineering current Standards and general business development activities from a Quality Perspective. Key areas of managerial responsibility include:
- Quality Compliance (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, Achilles (UVDB and RISQS), NERS and GWO Training Certification
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Auditing (Internal and Site Audits)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to Senior Management, the system owner will be responsible for further developing and implementing the Company Integrated Management System including quality, environmental, health & safety.
- Present monthly Quality Review (outlining all Quality Issues throughout the month) to Senior Management
- Manage and support the External Audit programs ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018(OHSAS 18001:2007), Achilles Verify B2 Cat, RISQS, NERS and GWO Training etc.
- The Document Controller reports directly to the Quality Manager and management/mentorship of this employee is incorporated into the Quality Manager’s responsibilities.
- Supporting the IMS needs of the company, including the specific requirements of individual Business functions.
- Implement HSQE integrated management systems process across all functions in the business.
- Preparation and updating of the Company’s Quality Manual and control all procedure amendments and version control
- Clearly and effectively communicate changes to existing processes or introduction of new processes to business functions.
- Work closely with the EHS Teams in determining the effectiveness of HSQE policies and procedures and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor and periodically audit all quality related activities on sites
- Attend client quality management review meetings on sites
- Coordinate and Drive QA/QC procedures with site managers and train Site Managers on QA/QC where necessary.
- Manage the various IMS projects effectively and ensure that there is accurate reporting on project timelines and milestones.
- Manage the HSQE internal audit programmes and ensure that all internal Audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that CAPA’s are raised for all quality issues and ensure an effective investigation/ root-cause analysis process and close out is in place.
- Consider relevant enterprise risks identified by the business and the potential impact on HSQE policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with changes to business and process and evaluate the potential impacts on HSQE policy and procedures
- Assist and support the preparation of Prequals for tenders.
- Drafting, preparation, proofreading and administration of quality procedures
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Problem-solving capabilities.
- Teamworking and leadership strengths.
- Attention to detail coupled with the ability to multitask.
- 5+ years in similar role
- L8 Degree in Quality or Engineering discipline
- Experience in an ISO 9001 environment
- Experience with Achilles and NERS a distinct advantage.
This is a superb opportunity to join a progressive and professional team. Interested candidates can forward their CV’s to email@example.com.
Flexibility to travel throughout Ireland coupled with occasional international travel is required for this role. A full driving licence is required.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.