GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
Headquartered in Southern Ireland, H&MV Engineering is a Specialist High Voltage Engineering Company established in 1997. Since its inception, H&MV has proudly grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia and South Africa. Due to recent expansion at H&MV Engineering an opportunity now exists for a HR Administrator to join our professional team at our Limerick HQ.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Administrator will provide general administrative support to the HR Department. He/she will be responsible for maintaining the HR information system/database. The role will also include general administrative tasks such as typing, filing, photocopying and specific projects assigned by the HR Manager. Holiday Reception Cover will also be included in the HR Administrator’s duties.
DATABASE / RECORD KEEPING / GENERAL ADMIN
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating employee records in a timely fashion. This will include attendance monitoring and updating HR & Payroll systems to reflect changes
- Updating company databases/HR systems accurately and efficiently
- Dealing with all internal and external confidential correspondence and emails
- Preparing weekly and periodic reports and statistics
- Maintaining the company library of HR policies and procedures taking into consideration all pertinent changes as dictated by legislative changes, technological change or other mitigating factors
- File management, photocopying and general administration
- Assisting HR Manager in various recruitment campaigns i.e. Apprentice, Graduate, Professional, Trade and Management Opportunities
- Providing support during various recruitment fairs and exhibitions
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and various colleges/university contacts
- Provide support for various employee induction programmes and ensure that each new starter satisfies all induction criteria
- Provide each new hire with a “Starter Pack”
- Assist in relocation programmes and provide support on a country by country, case by case basis
- Monitor and evaluate all applicants and prepare feedback for relevant hiring managers
- Liaise with EHS Departments to co-ordinate all induction requirements for new starters
- Ensure all relevant training requirements are adhered to
- Co-ordinate site inductions with relevant stakeholders
- Maintain performance review schedule/calendar and ensure that same is adhered to
- Provide support to Apprentice Development Programme and ensure that pertinent reviews are conducted and milestones achieved
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Provide administrative and HR support in respect of H&MV Engineering Graduate Development Programme, Employee Engagement Programme initiatives and Apprentice Development Programme
- Liaise with Training Department regarding HR needs and provide relevant support as required
- Co-ordinate and conduct Exit Interviews
- Graduate with a third level qualification in HR accredited by CIPD or working towards a qualification in HR
- Excellent communication skills
- Good responsiveness
- Dependable team player
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Tact and diplomacy, with an ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality Resilient with a high level of attention to detail
- Persuasiveness / Resistance to internal and external pressure
- Self motivated / Able to work on their own initiative
- Enthusiastic, flexible approach with a willingness to learn
- Familiarity and detailed knowledge of pertinent Irish Employment Legislation
- Strong administration skills and IT literate, i.e. database management, record keeping with a working knowledge of MS Office suite being a must and SHAREPOINT being beneficial
Other Features of the Job
It may be necessary to work alternative hours and some travel may be required occasionally during the year.
This is an opportunity to join a progressive company with an existing professional team.
The assistance of recruitment agencies is not required at this time.