At H&MV Engineering we are expanding. An opportunity exists within the Estimating Department at Limerick HQ for an experienced Estimator. This is a key role within the team. Reporting directly to the Estimating Manager, the successful candidate will be a motivated, organised individual who possesses strong technical knowledge in electrical/HV installation projects.
- Develop and deliver effective and competitive quotations for new high voltage contracting requests.
- Prepare accurate estimates and sub-contract tender documentation; evaluating technical requirements, estimating costs, determining prices and margins and creating quotations to potential customers in both the public and private sectors ensuring both the customer and business needs are met.
- Liaise closely with the estimating team, Estimating Manager, High Voltage Contracts Engineers and Construction Managers during the tender process.
- Evaluate bid opportunities and liaise with potential clients, working within project deadlines.
- Understand technical drawings and be able to take off quantities.
- Evaluate new tenders and prepare summary for executive decision.
- Experience in preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries.
- Review contract documents; ability to conduct research where applicable.
- Manage relationships and liaise with sub-consultant and in-house electrical engineering design teams.
- Problem Solving /Assessment of different options and solutions.
- Attendance at pre and post tender meetings/presentations.
- Ad hoc tasks and projects as assigned by Estimating Manager.
- Strong knowledge and evident technical experience of electrical/HV installation work
- Natural ability to build effective working relationships
- Ability to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner
- Excellent communication skills
- An analytical approach
- You should also have strong IT and report writing skills.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Quantity Surveying is preferred.
- Experience in estimating for utilities and infrastructure with a Main Contractor with sound knowledge and strong technical experience of electrical, preferably HV installation work
WHO WE ARE:
Headquartered in Southern Ireland, H&MV Engineering is a Specialist High Voltage Engineering Company established in 1997. Since its inception, H&MV has proudly grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia and South Africa.
This is a career opportunity to join a growing business with an already highly successful and thriving team.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org