H&MV Engineering has an exciting career opportunity for an EHS Advisor who will have responsibility for our Irish Eastern Region. We are a Specialist High Voltage Engineering Company and the Company is currently going through an expansion programme. Since our inception in 1997, H&MV has proudly grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia and South Africa. H&MV is currently working on high voltage projects in the utility sector and is also engaged in high voltage projects in Renewables, Data Centres, Manufacturing and Pharmaceuticals in the private sector worldwide.
The EHS Advisor will report to the EH&S Manager.
General responsibilities of the role will include :-
- Identify EH&S improvement areas and to initiate, recommend and provide solutions.
- Perform internal and external HSE audits (In line with ISO 45001:2018 ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management ISO 09001:2015 Quality Management OSHAS 18001 standard).
- Contribute to a co-operative working environment within the department.
- Fulfil project EH&S requirements by use of applicable EH&S procedures, tools and methods. (Safety case regime, risk assessment, H&S plans, investigations, reporting)
- Perform Incident investigations when required.
- Report to the EH&S manager.
- Promoting awareness of HM&V Engineering and Customer EH&S requirements throughout the organisation.
- Reviews with the Management EH&S system as and when required.
- Establishes and maintains the documents and data control system.
- Manage and support the internal EH&S audit plans and coordinates internal and external audits.
- Initiates follow-up audit activities in order to verify audits and record the implementation and effectiveness of the corrective and preventive actions taken.
- Reports the final result of the internal and external audits to the EH&S Manager.
- Verifies the HSE system manual and procedures.
- Ensure that HSE Management system has been fully implemented.
- Supervise and monitor the employees and sub-contractors working on site to ensure their adherence to the EH&S Manual, EH&S Induction Handbook and the waste management procedures.
- Represent the Organisation on the project site for any EH&S related matters.
- Have the authority to STOP immediately any work, activity on the project and instruct and assist the management and any subcontractors in taking urgent action to make the site safe and to prevent unsafe working practices.
- Carry out EH&S site inspections in association with site staff to ensure compliance to the EH&S management system, legal and other requirements and customer’s HSE related contractual requirements.
- Conduct the incident investigation to determine the root causes and recommend means of preventing recurrence in consultation with Management.
- Record and analyses information on first aid cases, near misses, injuries, damages and losses and review the overall HSE performance during project execution.
- Conduct the HSE induction training for employees and subcontractor staff on-site.
- Understanding of ISO Management Procedures & Implementation.
- Degree or Diploma in Health and Safety
- 2+ years’ EH&S experience within the construction industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Good responsiveness
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Persuasiveness / Resistance to internal and external pressure
- Self motivated / Able to work on own initiative
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Excellent computer literacy – proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
This is a superb opportunity join a dynamic and expanding company. A competitive remuneration package is on offer. To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com .
The assistance of recruitment agencies is not required at this time.