An opportunity exists at H&MV Engineering for a Document Controller/Estimating Assistant to be involved in the preparation of tenders of both high and lower value.
As part of the estimating team, responsibilities will include the compilation and checking of tender documents to be submitted both electronically and via hard copy where required.
To be competent in this role, applicants should have previous experience reviewing technical documents where attention to detail is essential.
Ultimately, the job incumbent will support H&MV procedures, maintaining transparent, up-to-date and easily traceable documents.
- Check for accuracy and edit files, e.g. contracts
- Review and update technical documents (e.g. manuals and workflows)
- Distribute project-related copies to internal teams
- File documents in physical and digital records
- Manage the flow of documentation within the estimating team/organisation
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information in line with current legal regulation
- Liaise closely with the Bid Manager to ensure milestone targets are achieved during the tender process.
- Ensure chosen sub-contractors and suppliers have sufficient information to supply comprehensive, on-time bids.
- Train and mentor new members of the Estimating team.
- Organising and chairing tender milestone check meetings involving various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in an organised, accurate and methodical manner in order to satisfy strict project deadlines.
- Natural ability to build effective working relationships through communicating daily with entire Estimating and Project Delivery teams.
- Ability to liaise and build relationships with potential and existing clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work well as part of a team, as well as individually, depending on project demands.
- Strong IT skills to encompass the following:
- Dealing with client specific internet portals to download and upload project documentation.
- Set-up of new projects on internal company SharePoint platform.
- Creation and upkeep of project specific documentation during the lifecycle of the tender.
- Ensuring on-time delivery of the finished tender to the client.
- Ability to learn new skills and new industries.
- Logical thinking.
- Knowledge of mixed electrical infrastructure and civil construction projects is advantageous.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The assistance of Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time.