H&MV Engineering have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager in their London Office. Our market leading, specialist high voltage engineering company is currently engaged in high profile projects across the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and beyond.
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, the Commercial Manager will lead by example, overseeing day-to-day financial performance and focus on the long-term interests of the business. He/she will support Tendering and Business Development Departments on business opportunities. Central to this role will be the preparation of monthly accounts and forecasts, ensuring financial objectives are met. The Commercial Manager will review terms and conditions of forms of contract such as FIDIC and NEC.
- Review company procedures, ensuring they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes
- Identify opportunities to grow the business, through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities
- Analyse sales and pertinent reports that give insight into how the company can adjust and improve its financial performance
- Assist Managing Director and work as a member of a cohesive team
- Support and work with Project Managers to ensure all variations are captured and projects are delivered within agreed budgets
- Resolves issues with contracts and commercial operations with Clients
- Liaises with contract stakeholders, communicating the terms, particularly the contract’s financial aspects
- Assesses risks and suggests recommendations, based on a thorough analysis of all factors in preparing cost for completion of projects.
- Mentors and coaches H&MV personnel on best practice in relation to contract management and problem solving
- Accepts extra duties as situations arise
- Works efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines
- Assists in developing quotes and proposals
Span of communication
- Internal: Leadership Team, Client Team, Procurement Department and Tendering Team
- External: Asset owners, asset owner’s agent, Contractors, Suppliers, Service Providers, members of public.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Integrity and communication
- Negotiation and influencing
- Risk management
- Flexibility and innovation
- Team Management
The is an opportunity for a motivated, career driven individual to join a growing, professional team. A competitive package is on offer. Please forward your CV to email@example.com .