H&MV Engineering is a world leader in the field of high voltage engineering. Headquartered in Southern Ireland and with locations in the UK, Sweden, Norway, India and South Africa we have an opportunity for an experienced Civil Estimator to join our team owing to continued expansion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of civil engineering estimates
- Analysis of engineering drawings
- Material take-offs
- Preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries and contract documents
- Liaison with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaison with sub-consultant and in-house electrical engineering design teams
- Assessment of different options and solutions
- Attending pre and post tender meetings/presentations
A degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying is an essential requirement. Ideally candidates will have a good knowledge of civil engineering contracts, relevant legislation and standards. You will have at least 5 years’ estimating experience in utilities and infrastructure with a recognised Main Contractor. Candidates with international experience will have a distinct advantage.
The ability to work independently and to manage inputs from a range of specialist suppliers and in-house staff is imperative. You will possess good interpersonal and team-working skills, be results oriented with the ability to work under pressure.
A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, and ideally some experience of Microsoft Project and an estimating software system. This is a permanent position with a competitive salary.
More information is available by contacting email@example.com
The assistance of recruitment agencies is not required at this time.